Craig Marker recently appeared on the Rdella podcast. He is a former coach at CFE.
Dr. Craig Marker is this week’s guest in a great interview session. We discuss his approach to building strength, with specific programming concepts and training applications. This session is literally jam-packed with specific training ideas to improve strength and performance.
Craig Marker, Ph.D is a fitness enthusiast who’s published over 50 articles, chapters, and textbooks on psychology and research methods. Craig is a researcher and psychologist who understands the cutting edge of strength, sports performance, body composition, and nutrition.
Craig’s upcoming book, The AntiFragile Self, takes on the topic of building a stronger person in the mental and physical domains.
Here’s what you’ll learn about this week in a fantastic interview:
- How his background connects to strength and performance
- Important considerations when looking at research
- The most valuable lesson he learned from Pavel Tsatsouline
- Who influenced Craig’s approach the most
- What makes a great coach
- Advice to those considering a StrongFirst certification
- The articles he’s most proud of and why
- How and why he uses an “intentional community”
- The rationale of “Plan Strong” and Soviet Weightlifting
- The rationale for Hybrid Power Conditioning
- An explanation of the “What The Heck” effect
- Hear about the very latest project from StrongFirst
- The biggest misconception about strength training
- The most valuable exercise???
- Biggest mistake with the kettlebell swing
- What is The Anti-Fragile Self
- To find Craig Marker, go to ArmourBuilding.com
- The Hybrid Power Conditioning Program
- 4 Secrets of Soviet Weightlifting
- Plan Strong
- The NEW Strong Endurance Event (***NOTE: This event has SOLD OUT)
- It’s Not CrossFit’s Fault, It’s The Reinforcement System
- You Are Not Normal
- Easy Strength
- Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me